Missing Data (a lot!) in books

laline

Missing Data (a lot!) in books

Post by laline » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:23 am

Hello everyone

I originally raised the issue in 2013 but had not retested in the past 12 months - I was hoping that the new release plus patches would at last fix that, but either it does not or I am doing something wrong.

I select a root person somewhere in the tree (not THE root person, but a couple of generations up), and then create a book of ascendants - no limit in number of generations (box remains unchecked).
But then, in the book, if I look at generation 20 in the book, I only have one name, while I do show 6 treetops in generation 20 if I look in the software (same branch).

Would you mind checking if you also have issues or if it is just me, and then maybe my file is corrupt? or maybe I have too many common ancestors to several branches and the software can't handle that?

I managed to edit a book with 5 generations - all correct - on the paternal side (which is the one that I tested on generation 20 and is largely incomplete)
On the maternal side, I did the same thing but was already missing information on generation 3.

I tried linking, delinking, relinking - that does not solve anything (and anyway the trees work perfectly fine, so the software recognizes the links).

I would really appreciate any feedback!
Last year the support team edited some books for me on PC but that does not work well, trying to specify all the criteria, correcting things, etc.
I would love to hear from the community whether others are experiencing the same issue, and how they deal with it (and if they would be willing to report them to the support group so maybe this can be fixed!!!)

Thank you very much!
Aline

simonwhite77

Re: Missing Data (a lot!) in books

Post by simonwhite77 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:41 am

Hi Aline, I'm also having a very similar issue. Some of my ancestors from Generation 4 back do not show when I create a book. They appear fine in charts and sheets, but are missing when I create a book. Have you had any luck fixing your issue?

christinebsd
Site Admin

Re: Missing Data (a lot!) in books

Post by christinebsd » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:32 am

Hi !
Have you unintentionally filter the book, in the "Structure" settings ? ("Exclude Private Data", "Limit number of generations", for example ?)
Christine
HEREDIS team