Slideshow Order

hal296

Slideshow Order

Post by hal296 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:08 pm

I read somewhere in this forum that you have to input Person Media in the order you want slideshow to present it.
I have done this and checked that the Person Media panel has the media in the correct order. However when I run Slideshow the order presented is that which is stored in the Media Index.
I know I can move by dragging media in the Person Media Panel but this does not work with the Media Index. Is there anyway I can reorder the Media Index so that I get the right order in Slideshow?

christinebsd
Site Admin

Re: Slideshow Order

Post by christinebsd » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:25 am

The order can't be selected, it is set according to the type of images (individual, union, event) and also on the date when it is specified. If you specify the date for each image, it will be taken into account. Scrolling is cut into successive chapters (central person, their spouses, children, siblings, parents and grandparents).
Christine
HEREDIS team

hal296

Re: Slideshow Order

Post by hal296 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:28 am

Thanks for that easy to use solution. Putting in dates does give me the order I want in the presentation, however I found that each media photo has to be opened individually, date applied and then closed before the next media item date could be input.
The dates also appear in the slideshow which helps to give a clearer representation as to the passage of time.