Attaching sources/media to facts

tjhavenith

Attaching sources/media to facts

Post by tjhavenith » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:26 pm

I am struggling to find a way to add sources or media to facts. For example, for the occupation fact - how would I add a source or media item directly to this fact?

I'm using the Sample Family Trial in the trial and see that Matthew Baker is a Film Director. Where is the source to prove this fact? How would a source be entered for this?

Many thanks,
Tim

mike-en

Re: Attaching sources/media to facts

Post by mike-en » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:20 am

Even if at life end his businesse cards could show "Film Director", he practise as such only during a period ...

Whithin Heredis you could use either one or both of :
- the "Occupation" identity field for the business card
- the "Occupation" Event to document the period when he practised, where, and attach Sources
Cordialement.
Mike

using BSD softwares on PC
Do not give a man fish, teach him how to fish

tjhavenith

Post by tjhavenith » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. So, as I understand it, there's no way to attach a source to the fact?

For another example, say we had 50 sources for an individual. Within those 50, there are 10 that prove the individual's name. Is there any way to attach those sources directly to the name? If not, does that mean I'd have to look through all events/sources to try to find all with the individual's name? (Name is just an example, it could be any fact from DOB to occupation to burial).

As a side note, I also can't see how to add sources that are not events. For instance, if there's a journal I've been given, how do I add that as a source and then attach it to facts?

Thanks again,
Tim

mike-en

Post by mike-en » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:04 pm

tjhavenith wrote:So, as I understand it, there's no way to attach a source to the fact?
Heredis allows to attach Sources only to Events ...
Cordialement.
Mike

using BSD softwares on PC
Do not give a man fish, teach him how to fish

tjhavenith

Post by tjhavenith » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:38 pm

Mike wrote:
tjhavenith wrote:So, as I understand it, there's no way to attach a source to the fact?
Heredis allows to attach Sources only to Events ...
Ah ok. I really appreciate you getting back to me, Mike. I'll bookmark Heredis and check up on it in a few years in the hope that it catches up with sourcing and facts.

Best wishes,
Tim