English Version ???.

MarkG

English Version ???.

Post by MarkG » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:46 am

Is there a full english version ?. The downloadable supposed english version has a few words come up in french ? "Importees" instead of "Imported" etc; and many other words throughout different screens.

It also had problems with a gedcom import not recognizing some place names that did not match.
I'm from Australia so perhaps your software does not recognize these places ?.

billdog

Re: English Version ???.

Post by billdog » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:05 pm

It would be helpful to BSD if you could report each instance of French language usage so that they can correct them and progress can be monitored.

Are the places not input small? Have they been input logically and consistently, I.e. the same order as those that did?

Do you realise that you can input Lat & Long coordinates manually where necessary and to get specific location?
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Memory: 4.0 GB
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

Model name iPad Air 2
iOS 13.4

MarkG

Post by MarkG » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:08 pm

BILLDOG wrote:It would be helpful to BSD if you could report each instance of French language usage so that they can correct them and progress can be monitored.
I will take screenshots next time I use it.
BILLDOG wrote:Are the places not input small? Have they been input logically and consistently, I.e. the same order as those that did?
I have over 1000 place names in my gedcom, some imported and converted to Canadian place names ?.
BILLDOG wrote:Do you realise that you can input Lat & Long coordinates manually where necessary and to get specific location?
That would take forever to add coordinates for so many place names.

billal

Post by billal » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:09 pm

Hi,

Regarding the english translation, can you post a list of all the mistakes you noticed, I'll then pass it along to the developers' team for correction.

As for places not being recognized during the gedcom import, it is rather a problem of the gedcom format not being a unified format than Heredis not being a "full " english version.

Heredis currently expect places in a certain format separated by commas to feed different fields in the heredis file (such as : country, region, town, district, etc..)

However other softwares tend to export only the data that they have, omitting the empty fields, thus a part of gedcom is open to interpration by each software. We are working towards a unified format but it's a long process as it requires the implication of competitors and other institutions.

We can take at a look at your gedcom though and see what can be done in order to import it quicker.
You can PM it to me directly.

Regards,

MarkG

Post by MarkG » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:04 pm

Your probably right about the gedcom. I am exporting from a person ancestral file gedcom and also have street names in my list of places. So I really need to go through and adjust them there before exporting to a gedcom file. A long and slow process but it must be done.

thward1974

Post by thward1974 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:09 am

I have been trying to download the english 2015 demo but the download link is broken.

bofus

Post by bofus » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:20 am

Here's an instance of wrong language in a dialog. I'm trying out the full version of Heredis as an alternate for Family Tree Maker 2014. I'm importing a small, 4,000+ person file with 5,600 media as a test of the import accuracy, etc.

Regards,

Edit: not knowing all of the differences in British versus American English, it appears that the second dialog has a spelling error: "92% Media Proccesing..." should be "Processing"
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Proccesing > Processing Spelling Error
Capture2.JPG (21.72 KiB) Viewed 6864 times
Capture.JPG
Mixed Languages in Import Dialog
Capture.JPG (30.12 KiB) Viewed 6864 times

bofus

Post by bofus » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:32 am

Another Translation error

Regards,
Attachments
Untitled-1a.jpg
Main View
Untitled-1a.jpg (462.43 KiB) Viewed 6862 times
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (58.15 KiB) Viewed 6862 times

mike-en

Post by mike-en » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:59 am

thward1974 wrote:I have been trying to download the english 2015 demo but the download link is broken.
See at http://www.heredis.com/en/support/learn ... r/#patches
Cordialement.
Mike

using BSD softwares on PC
Do not give a man fish, teach him how to fish

pemaladesi

Post by pemaladesi » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:35 am

I am using Heredis 2017. Instead of doing a GEDCOM import, I am entering profiles manually. I find entering place information can be extremely tedious when I have incomplete information about where someone in the United States or Canada was born or died. The software seems to only be able to recognize places that are located in a some kind of municipality. But, a great many birth and death records in the US and Canada only provide the county in which the event occurred, and not a town or city. If it comes to that, I've got ancestors who were born in rural areas that weren't associated with a town or city, and that is true not only for people born on this side of the Atlantic, but for some who were born in Europe. Also, often the only information I have about someone's birthplace comes from census records, not birth or death records, and that may tell me only the state, if someone was born in the US, or the country, if they were born outside the US.

It would be helpful to be able to search for locations that are not municipalities. Thanks!
Some family trees have beautiful leaves, and some have just a bunch of nuts. Remember, it is the nuts that make the tree worth shaking. ~Unknown