heredis for android

A question when using your software, an installation problem, a function that seems to be non-existent... Ask all your questions about your version here ... we will answer!
* Please try to be as specific as possible.
kevshed

heredis for android

Post by kevshed » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:21 pm

Your online video explains how to export the heredis file but my 2015 version of herdis does not have the "perpare for android" tab in the file tab of the menu, it only shows prepare for itunes & mac. Please help! i've been so looking forward to this app arriving. i can't wait to get the files onto my new android phone having recently changed over from an iphone. :D

pirate4ever

Re: heredis for android

Post by pirate4ever » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:30 pm

I have also had the same problem. The only two options that appear are for itunes and mac. NO choice for android.
I have tried every way known to man (and woman) to find the necessary option to transfer data to my android devices. What gives?

veronique_heredis
Site Admin

Post by veronique_heredis » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:48 am

Please check your Heredis for Windows version, you might have the 15.3. If not use the link below to update your version
http://telechargement1.heredis.com/Here ... is2015.exe

dskaist

Post by dskaist » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:03 am

Hi,

I have the Heredis for Mac 2015, and there is no option to prepare for android...

Thanks,
Dov

kevshed

Post by kevshed » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:00 pm

I had version 15.1 so did the update as recommended & hey presto! Everything now works.
Thanks very much.

veronique_heredis
Site Admin

Post by veronique_heredis » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:46 am

@dskaist

Which is your version of Heredis for Mac ? See on home page under Heredis logo.

georgebraggjr

Post by georgebraggjr » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:59 pm

kevshed wrote:Your online video explains how to export the heredis file but my 2015 version of herdis does not have the "perpare for android" tab in the file tab of the menu, it only shows prepare for itunes & mac. Please help! i've been so looking forward to this app arriving. i can't wait to get the files onto my new android phone having recently changed over from an iphone. :D
I applied the latest patch for my 2015 Mac version of Heredis and I have the "Prepare for Android". Try that.

georgebraggjr

Post by georgebraggjr » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:58 pm

My prepared file for Android (.hmwz) was nearly 2 GB. If that expands to double the size, it will eat up quite a bit of space. I have not imported to my device as yet and am hoping that both the Heredis Android app and the data file can be stored on the SD card. I have several other trees that are of a similar size and if stored on device storage this could limit installation of other apps. Hopefully my concerns were taken care of. I will install on my old Android phone on which I have eliminated unneeded apps. It still works when on WiFi but has no function as a phone. More later!

georgebraggjr

Post by georgebraggjr » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:35 am

Put Heredis for Android on my new Samsung Galaxy 6 and tried to import file prepared by Heredis on my Mini-Mac and import failed. Heredis did not recognize file. Had prepared files for 2 Different trees and both failed.

Update: Apr 15, 2016 - Went back and prepared one of the trees into Android format and successfully imported. This time I transferred the prepared file directly to phone using wifi connection. Success!

Now have a question about Android version of Heredis. It allows an export. What kind of file is it? Will it import to another Android device, iPad, or what?
Last edited by georgebraggjr on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billal

Post by billal » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:29 am

Hi,

How do import the file from your Mini mac to your smartphone ? Google drive, Dropbox or else .....