heredis for android

A question when using your software, an installation problem, a function that seems to be non-existent... Ask all your questions about your version here ... we will answer!
* Please try to be as specific as possible.
georgebraggjr

Re: heredis for android

Post by georgebraggjr » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:23 pm

Android version of Heredis gives many options including all you named, OneDrive, SD card, downloads, Box, etc. Basicly, it appears to recognize any source your device has. I made my Android phone into a wifi host and signed in using the Mini Mac browser and uploaded the prepared file.

billal

Post by billal » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:34 pm

Can you try to upload your .hmwz file to Google drive or Dropbox then from your android smartphone, log into your Google drive/Dropbox (you must install the corresponding app) then open Heredis Android and import your file ?

georgebraggjr

Post by georgebraggjr » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:36 am

I have done the import successfully as previously described and am satisfied with it. However, if I continue to use the Ancestry app on my iPad to extend my work. I am faced with continually updating my Heredis backup by exporting GEDCOM & Media and re-importing to Heredis. It would be great if I could sync Heredis to Ancestry.