Verified / Unverified checkbox for persons

reesjel

Verified / Unverified checkbox for persons

Post by reesjel » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:43 am

Is there a checkbox or something somewhere where I can indicate that I have verified the details for that person?

I've added a lot of people to my tree based on information from family members. I'm going through city archives now to verify the information. I want to be able to check off the ones I've done and see which ones I haven't done yet. Is there a way to do this in Heredis?

--
I'm using Heredis 2017 for Windows.
Version 17.4
Windows 10 - 64 bit

dmossfritch

Re: Verified / Unverified checkbox for persons

Post by dmossfritch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:00 pm

There is no 'Verified / Unverified' check box, although I suppose you could add a custom event.

Are you aware of the created / changed date? See the Tools Panel (right, at bottom) for "Created: 12/1/2018 - Changed: 12/1/2018" (example from my files).

Finally, check pages 61 and 62 of the user guide. Those pages contain some information about the Consistency checker. (NOTE - 'Multiple Search' apparently is 'Smart Search' at least in the Windows version.)

There is also a very brief description of the colored bar icons you see after names and the information those icons provide. (NOTE - In the Windows version, the four check boxes are found in Tools > Preferences > Heredis Preferences > Appearance tab, Event Icons.) Hopefully, someone with a lot more experience with Heredis can further explain these Event Icons and their controls.
Denise Moss-Fritch

HP Envy Phoenix 860-180st desktop
(Intel Core i7-6800 processor, 6th Gen quad-core [4.00GHz], 32GB RAM)

HP Envy 17t Laptop
(Intel Core i7-6700HQ 6th Gen quad Core [2.60Ghz], 16GB RAM)

iPad (iOS 11.2.2)

mike-en

Post by mike-en » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:26 pm

Completeness of data
The icon indicates whether or not essential information for major life
events is complete (Birth, Marriage, Death).
This icon concerns the completeness of information for the primary
person in the Status bar and in the Search tab. It appears also in the
Persons and Branches panels for all individuals displayed.
The icon display is defined in Heredis> Preferences> Appearance.
You can choose what information is required for an event to be complete:
the accuracy of the date, place, the presence of a source and
the status of the search for the event.
Regardless of the information collected in Heredis, you may determine
that certain individuals will not require further research. Open
the Search tab and click the Consider that this individual is complete
button. The icon changes color.
When using the Branches panel, choose the Complete Persons Only
option, and the results take into account both the completeness of
the events and the individuals for whom you had determined that
they be considered complete.
Cordialement.
Mike

using BSD softwares on PC
Do not give a man fish, teach him how to fish

dmossfritch

Post by dmossfritch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:45 pm

Thanks Mike. However, what you quote is page 61 of the user guide (Help) which is what I already referenced. The access route defined in the user guide is not accurate for Windows (Mac perhaps?). Otherwise, I've noted no change to the colored bar icons with the four options checked, or unchecked. Even tried restarting Heredis. No changes to the colored bar icons as previously displayed.

So, what controls the display or non-display of the colored bar icons? I assume the three bars identify birth, marriage, and death, so what criteria changes the length? For example, how is the length of a bar changed if the date and place of birth is known (but no source/citation given) vs. date, place, and source/citation included?

Where do users find the detailed information to accurately evaluate the information provided by the visual display of those colored bar icons?
Denise Moss-Fritch

HP Envy 17t Laptop

iPad (iOS 11.2.2)

reesjel

Post by reesjel » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:39 am

Hi Denise, Mike,

Thank you for your feedback, I'm going to look into the preferences you mentioned. I also thought about adding a certain event or source for the verified part. I'll check out the completeness preferences and see what will work best for me.

Rachel

dmossfritch

Post by dmossfritch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:00 am

Rachel,

I am attaching a couple of captures that may provide a bit more information. In Heredis1, note the dotted orange line between the colored bar icons in the person list and at the bottom, center of Heredis. These bar icons are complete as I have date, place, and source/citation of my grandfather's birth, marriage, and death information. Apparently the completeness of the bars designate the extent of the information you have for the selected individual.

Also note the pop-up information (from the events list) for the marriage event. NOTE - the pastel icons in the event list to the left of an event I am still identifying.

If you click the bottom, center colored bar icon, Heredis opens the Search tab for the individual. (See Heredis2) Again you see the two colored bar icons in the person list and bottom, center. Note the birth and marriage information also have their respectively colored bar in the events list for the individual, relating information found to the full colored bar icon.
Attachments
Heredis2.jpg
Heredis 2
Heredis2.jpg (151.93 KiB) Viewed 5095 times
Heredis1.jpg
Heredis 1
Heredis1.jpg (201.63 KiB) Viewed 5095 times
Denise Moss-Fritch

HP Envy 17t Laptop

iPad (iOS 11.2.2)

dmossfritch

Post by dmossfritch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:25 pm

Reviewing the user guide again I finally found the two short paragraphs with the second paragraph describing briefly "define the appearance of the icon". See Page 26, the last two paragraphs of the Events section.

I examined a record for which I have little information (legal relationship, not blood). Note that the two center events (both census records) show pastel color in the bar icons. Now, note that the colors (left to right) match the Sources, Participants, and Media tabs for the event. In the Birth event the pastel bar icon has no color. Yet, when I added the census as the source for the birth information, the Sources tab and the first bar had color.

Returning to your original question about what information you have that is verified or unverified, these two bar icons provide data describing what information you've verified for birth, marriage, and death (the color bar icons) along with what you've verified for events (the pastel color bar icon).
Attachments
EventDocs.jpg
EventDocs.jpg (30.08 KiB) Viewed 5090 times
Denise Moss-Fritch

HP Envy 17t Laptop

iPad (iOS 11.2.2)

reesjel

Post by reesjel » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:39 am

I can’t believe I’m only seeing your latest response now! Thanks so much for looking into this for me Denise. I will look at the options you mentioned to help me quickly determine whether or not I have the necessary information available.