User Hint - adding a hyperlink to a document's url

dmossfritch

User Hint - adding a hyperlink to a document's url

Post by dmossfritch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:08 pm

When researching, I always download a copy of a document (for example, a census) or capture the information as displayed using SnagIt. Those images are added to the source / citation information as media.

While a couple of genealogy software offers specific fields to record the url of that online document, Heredis does not have a specific link field but does have a method of including a hyperline to such an online location.

When I include information about an event in Heredis (for example, a census), I type a few words for such a url link. Once typed, I select those words, and right-click. From the resulting menu, I select Hyperlink (see attached graphic).

In the Insert Hyperlink dialog, add (or copy from the online url) the address (into Target). Click OK. (Note - to customize the link appearance, click Customize)

When you want to return to the original document page on the Internet, from your url link, select Ctrl + click to open your computer's browser with the url page for your documentation.
Attachments
Hyperlinks.jpg
Adding a hyperlink
Hyperlinks.jpg (18.2 KiB) Viewed 3056 times
Denise Moss-Fritch

HP Envy Phoenix 860-180st desktop
(Intel Core i7-6800 processor, 6th Gen quad-core [4.00GHz], 32GB RAM)

HP Envy 17t Laptop
(Intel Core i7-6700HQ 6th Gen quad Core [2.60Ghz], 16GB RAM)

iPad (iOS 11.2.2)