Places in reports

reesjel

Places in reports

Post by reesjel » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:12 pm

I currently have quite a few places where I only know the country, however, when I create a report I don't have the option to only display the country, or at the very least, city and country. Displaying county isn't always of interest for me.

Is there a way I can choose the exact fields for a report?

I currently only see the following options (under Events, Place styles):
City
City (Postal Code)
Full Place Name
City (County)

Are these the only options available or have I missed a setting somewhere where I can choose city and country?
Right now I use 'Full Place Name' but that usually contains too much information.

Also, Heredis automatically adds a '?' to a city if I don't fill it in. Is there a way for Heredis reports to default to the country if a city isn't available, instead of showing a '?' Even when I use full place name the '?' still shows.

mike

Re: Places in reports

Post by mike » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:35 pm

For my own use, I don't use the "Postal code" field for what it is supposed to be
Instead, I use it to contain what I want to see in Reports when using "City (Postal code)"
Sincerely.
Mike

AuroraR8 : Intel Core i9-9900K 3,60 GHz - RAM 16 Go - SSD 1 To + RAID1 2 DD 1 To - Inverter 510 W
W10 Pro - Firefox - McAfee LiveSafe
Heredis EN + FR

reesjel

Re: Places in reports

Post by reesjel » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:59 pm

mike wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:35 pm
For my own use, I don't use the "Postal code" field for what it is supposed to be
Instead, I use it to contain what I want to see in Reports when using "City (Postal code)"
I'm thinking of adjusting the address fields as well to serve as a workaround, cause I really don't like those question marks.

I just want to keep things as standard as possible though, should I ever export a GEDCOM somewhere else (for example to convert it into a website, cause the current online version of Heredis doesn't allow for trees within a tree to be accessed separately and my family tree currently includes several families - paternal and maternal - it's all in 1 big file) So the less workarounds I need to use, the better :)