Spouse/Unknown Marital Status

reesjel

Spouse/Unknown Marital Status

Post by reesjel » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:43 pm

One of the people in my family tree was raised by his mother and his father was never in the picture (he carries his mother's last name officially as well). I do however know who his father is and have added his father to the tree, when doing that, it also automatically linked the father to his mother as spouse. Since his parents never had a real relationship, I went to unlink him, which meant I was forced to also unlink the child. So, I left the father as spouse and set the marital status on 'unknown'.
However, when I print a report, it now says that she (his mother) became the partner of him (his father), which is not what I want the report to say.

I tried unlinking the father and creating a sundry link to mark him as the biological father, however, that means when I look at the family tree overview, I don't see the father there, but an empty space and only through the sundry link am I able to see who his father is.

To make a long story short. Is there any way to customize the 'unknown marital status' in something that doesn't say 'became a partner' maybe just general state 'had a relationship with'. Technically spouse is the wrong category to put them in, they were never married or anything like that.

Or, is there a way to unlink a spouse without unlinking the child?

mike

Re: Spouse/Unknown Marital Status

Post by mike » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:01 pm

reesjel wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:43 pm
To make a long story short…..
The only easy way would be to make the change when the report is opened with your text editor …
Sincerely.
Mike

AuroraR8 : Intel Core i9-9900K 3,60 GHz - RAM 16 Go - SSD 1 To + RAID1 2 DD 1 To - Inverter 510 W
W10 Pro - Firefox - McAfee LiveSafe
Heredis EN + FR

reesjel

Re: Spouse/Unknown Marital Status

Post by reesjel » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:30 pm

mike wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:01 pm
The only easy way would be to make the change when the report is opened with your text editor …
That's what I do now but I know, once I input more data I'll have more of such incidents and there's no way I'll remember to change that for each person each time I create a new report :/