Editing Place Data?

A question when using your software, an installation problem, a function that seems to be non-existent... Ask all your questions about your version here ... we will answer!
* Please try to be as specific as possible.
bretaincrab3

Editing Place Data?

Post by bretaincrab3 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:24 pm

I have just purchased a windows version of your program to help me to migrate a very detailed ( 772 persons ) Gedcom file with media onto my iPad.

Firstly I would have to say I was not very happy that the price inexplicably went up $3 between reading your web site advertising sale prices and registering to make the purchase?

Putting that to one side, I am now having a great deal of trouble sorting out my place data, which was working perfectly in Gramps, but has now been mangled on importing the Gedcom file into Heredis.

Heredis seems to have separated some fields but lumped others into a field just labelled "Subdivision of place". That wouldn't be too bad but the program then does not let me assign geotags to anything below the "Place" field, which means that hundreds of records now sit on the same tags, many miles from the actual location demoted to "Subdivision".

I am hoping you can suggest a simple way to remedy this issue as it presents me with a serious problem.https://solitaire.onl/ https://9apps.ooo/
Last edited by bretaincrab3 on Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

mike

Re: Editing Place Data?

Post by mike » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:58 pm

Regards.
Mike

- Desktop, i7 3,6 Ghz, 16 Go RAM, W10 Pro(64)
- Laptop, W10 Family(64)

teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

zackxoxo

Post by zackxoxo » Wed May 20, 2020 7:14 pm

Offtopic post containing spam delted

nirvanausual

Post by nirvanausual » Sat May 23, 2020 10:12 pm

Spam deleted