family search to heredis

A question when using your software, an installation problem, a function that seems to be non-existent... Ask all your questions about your version here ... we will answer!
* Please try to be as specific as possible.
rainne

family search to heredis

Post by rainne » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:48 pm

I tried to download my family search from my heredis and it says right now its not compatabile until 2020. I used to be able to

dgarciamagarinos

Re: family search to heredis

Post by dgarciamagarinos » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:27 am

Yes, I have the same behaviour.

It seems that FamilySearch have made changes on their systems and Heredis 2019 is not compatible with FamilySearch anymore.

Apparently, the Heredis team have decided not to update Heredis 2019 so that it works with the updated FamilySearch. If you need this feature, you will have to purchase Heredis 2020 when it is released.

I am not sure if this a common practice in genealogy software but I find a bit strange that they have they have decided to stop updating Heredis 2019 (which is today still the current version in English).

I can understand that developers do not update anymore old versions but in other industries I know, while developers focus of course on the latest version version, they keep supporting the last previous version. They don't usually add new features but they fix issues.

Wether this is the right decision or not, Heredis will know better. From the user's point of view, it might be frustrating having to pay for a new version in order to get a fix for a feature that worked fine in the past.

Daniel

torleifhe

Post by torleifhe » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:40 pm

FamilySearch works OK again in Heredis 2020 which I upgraded to without problems.

dgarciamagarinos

Post by dgarciamagarinos » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:12 pm

Yes, same here! :)