Name input

kcuypers

Name input

Post by kcuypers » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Hello ,

I buy the green version (windows) (13), the blue version (mac) and i also use the ipad version of Heredis.
I have a smal problem with the input of the surname: When i want to put a new person who has a name like "Van Zwam" , the on the ipad it will be "VAN ZWAM" , on the Mac it will be "van ZWAM" and on the Green version it will be "Van ZWAM". When you sync with the 3 devices you get a mix of the 3 names and you can not change it. How can i do that on the 3 versions (green ,blue and iPad) the input is the same? I can only choose "Capitals for surname" in the setup.
I have already a database of 4000 persons , so when i want to search , it start to be a problem. My green version is French (there is no English version) , my Mac and my Ipad version is English ,but the standard language for the Mac,Windows and Ipad is Dutch on the 3 devices.
I also have a second question : I want to buy a kind of ipad with Windows 8 on it , can i use the green version on it ? because it is handy to take it with me , like the ipad but on the green version i can do a lot more.

Thanks

Koenraad

mike-en

Re: Name input

Post by mike-en » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:00 pm

What would you prefer to obtain :
- VAN ZWAM or van ZWAM, ou Van ZWAM ?
- do you want the name to be sorted at the letter S or V (van being or not a nobiliary particle)
(van SWAM being my preferred, with sorting at the letter S)

If your future tablet is under Windows 8, and not Windows RT, you will be able to install Heredis 13
Cordialement.
Mike

using BSD softwares on PC
Do not give a man fish, teach him how to fish

kcuypers

Post by kcuypers » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:59 am

Hello Mike ,

I want "VAN ZWAM" on my 3 devices , I'am from Belgium and here we always use the full name like i can do on my IPAD and sorted on the "V" from "VAN ZWAM", In Holland it is different, there they use "van ZWAM". Can you please tell me how i can do on my Mac and on my Windows pc, and also how i can change the names on this 2 computers , because i can change it but it not save it.

Thanks

Koenraad

mike-en

Post by mike-en » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:00 am

Then, for such names ...

On PC with H13
- for new names you should preferably type in the word VAN" using upper case ("VAN" not "van")
- for compatibility with Mac, you should go to the "Dictionnaire des noms" and select each such names to correct it and use "Tenir compte des minuscules / majuscules"

On Mac
- whatever case (upper/lower) you use to type in, it will revert to "van SWAM" ; you should then correct it by going to the "Surnames Index" and select each such names to correct it and use "Handle Characters Manually"

Under iOs, I don't know ... but is it Worth to check ?

Anyway, you should decide which machine (PC or Mac) is the preferred one to update your file and keep it in sync
By the way, which one is it for you ?
Cordialement.
Mike

kcuypers

Post by kcuypers » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Hello Mike ,

I use the Mac as the normal input , but i also use the Ipad very much.
I think the Mac about 5 hours a day , the ipad about 2 hours a day and the PC maybe 20 minutes. ( I have a lot of time , i not work anymore)
So i sync a lot to the mac and the PC every day. I use the PC (Heredis 13) "saisir" for the complete input if i have a birth , death and marriage certificate , because the Heredis 13 do it very well , it set al the sources very well. I also use it to print the desendance and some other prints.
At this moment i have 4100 persons and about 3500 copies of certificate (i want to prove everything if it is possible with a certificate).
On the Mac , there is only one thing better then Heredis 13 , and that is if you have more then one photo or copy from a person , on the mac you can see how many there are , but not on the Heredis 13.
Beside that , the Heredis 13 is much much better , but i like to work with a Mac....
I will try about the name on the Mac.

Thanks anyway

Koenraad

kcuypers

Post by kcuypers » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Hello Mike ,

The name input is ok , i did it with the Mac.
Thanks for the support.

Greetings

Koenraad

mike-en

Post by mike-en » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Great !
Cordialement.
Mike