[FIXED] Problem with License Number

ianphilip

[FIXED] Problem with License Number

Post by ianphilip » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:24 pm

I have recently tried to install the latest patch for Heredis 14 on my iMac and then discovered I needed the license number. I had thought that I had lost it so requested the number which arrived by email. I also then found my original email with the license number which corresponded to the one sent to me. On entering the licenses number I continually obtain the message "Invalid License Number". Emails sent to Heredis have not been answered and I am apprehensive of updating to the newer version until this issue is resolved. Any advice is welcome.

christinebsd
Site Admin

Re: Problem with License Number

Post by christinebsd » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:02 am

The only license associated with your email is for Heredis 2013 ... So :

- either the uploaded patch did not concern you because you use 2013 version,

- or you bought Heredis 2014 on the AppStore.
In this case, you simply have to log in to your AppStore account and re-download Heredis 2014 from this location.
Christine
HEREDIS team

ianphilip

Post by ianphilip » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:59 am

Have downloaded Heredis2014 from my App store account and still get the same dialog box asking for the license number. Should I uninstall the current Heredis files from my computer and then reinstall?

christinebsd
Site Admin

Post by christinebsd » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:10 am

The Appstore version doesn't require a license (Apple directly manages your rights to use the software).
If you are asked for a license, that means that you downloaded the version from our site.
So, actually, I advise you to uninstall Heredis2014 then download the version from AppStore.
Christine
HEREDIS team

ianphilip

Post by ianphilip » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:09 pm

Issue now sorted. Thanks.