Manage duplicates

pursin

Manage duplicates

Post by pursin » Sun May 27, 2018 10:36 am

How can we remove entry in the duplicate list that is not duplicate persons. Diferent Heredis manuals are confusing about this topic like this :

"Delete a person: it removes the selected individual in the left column of the screen if you consider that the duplicate is adequate and you do not need to merge them to obtain additional information."
https://help.heredis.com/?epkb_post_typ ... wo-persons

The Delete button delets the person in the left columb it does not remove it from the list which i hoped. This are a usefull function, deliting is unnesasery in this situation.

Per

daniel-d
Site Admin

Re: Manage duplicates

Post by daniel-d » Wed May 30, 2018 9:55 am

Hello,
Could you please join a screenshot showing the problem "The Delete button delets the person in the left columb it does not remove it from the list which i hoped." mentioned?

What exactly "How can we remove entry in the duplicate list that is not duplicate persons" your wish to do?

Regards

pursin

Post by pursin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:40 pm

Under left column makt "Merge" is there a button "Delete". This wil completly delete "Lars Andersen". This Lars Andersen" is not the same person as the one in the right column. What I wont to do is remove "Lars Anderson" from the list. Not only him, but all that is not duplicate persons. I won't delete anny of the person in the list.

I hope you understan what I mean?

Per Ursin
Attachments
Search for duplicates 10.06.2018 162005.jpg
Search for duplicates 10.06.2018 162005.jpg (62.28 KiB) Viewed 2006 times

daniel-d
Site Admin

Post by daniel-d » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:00 pm

You can delete directly person by person from the Personal Data view using the Delete Button -> Delete primary Person.
Attention: This deletes only the primary person, not the individuals that belong to him.

pursin

Post by pursin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:03 pm

I am not interesting in deleting persons, I want only to remove (not delete) the persons that are not the same person!!!!!!!!

You misunderstad me :evil:

daniel-d
Site Admin

Post by daniel-d » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Sorry for the misunderstanding: From this view is not possible to remove persons.

pursin

Post by pursin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:27 pm

I'm stil not sure you understand me correctly. Where else can I manage this duplikate-list?

pursin

Post by pursin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:37 pm

Here is Heredis' the exlanations for "Search for duplcates" window I am refering to:

Delete a person: it removes the selected individual in the left column of the screen if you consider that the duplicate is adequate and you do not need to merge them to obtain additional information.
Mark Duplicates: all the supposed duplicates matching your criteria for comparison are marked. Then just check and delete the marked individuals if you wish.
Edit Duplicates Report: all the supposed duplicates matching your criteria for comparison are printed in the form of an alphabetical list. Just check this list to delete all required individuals.

daniel-d
Site Admin

Post by daniel-d » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Nowhere else. This list is offered only by the duplicates function and if you want to access each person from the list, you will have to do it one by one usin the Prepare Merger button.

pursin

Post by pursin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:11 pm

So it is not correct what the user manual sayes: "Delete a person: it removes the selected individual in the left column of the screen if you consider that the duplicate is adequate and you do not need to merge them to obtain additional information." Now the list is growing loger an loger as the databse increases. I hope this function will be implemmenteted in the way usermanual sayes.

I cant se the use of the Delete buttom in this situation.