Heredis 2018 Crashing

rkihara

Heredis 2018 Crashing

Post by rkihara » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:29 pm

Heredis has suddenly started crashing when I edit files. I can usually but not always make one edit, but the second edit causes the program to quit. I've reinstalled the software and rebooted to no avail. Any suggestions?

scharlotte
Site Admin

Re: Heredis 2018 Crashing

Post by scharlotte » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:29 pm

Hello,

Could you please send me by PM some screenshots of the error(s) you get ?

Thanks for these information.

Best regards,
Heredis Team
Technical Support

rkihara

Post by rkihara » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:35 pm

No error messages from Heredis, it just quits. I'm forwarding the crash data to Apple. I could post the file here, but it would probably only make sense to a programmer.

rkihara

Post by rkihara » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:14 pm

Sent crash log by PM yesterday.

scharlotte
Site Admin

Post by scharlotte » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:38 am

Hi,

Just sent you a PM for you to send us your file, we need to analyze it closely.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Tech Support
Heredis
Heredis Team
Technical Support

rkihara

Post by rkihara » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi Scharlotte, I sent the file a week ago. I wonder if anything has turned up? I've been able to slowly make changes to the file one at a time, then if it doesn't crash, immediately save, since a second edit almost always causes the program to quit.

scharlotte
Site Admin

Post by scharlotte » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:49 am

Hi rkihara,

Sorry for the belated feedback, the holidays making things more difficult not to be late with our work (because other colleagues are not working).
Anyway, I was able to test your file last week but couldn't reproduce your problem on Mac, because we don't know exactly what you've done.

I have talked about it with the developers, and they really need to know step by step what you're doing exactly on your file.
So could you please give us the different steps and some screenshots at the same time please ?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Heredis Tech Support
Heredis Team
Technical Support

rkihara

Post by rkihara » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:39 pm

Hi Scharlotte,

I was hoping that it something easy. Almost any change entered into the program causes it to quit, entering or changing data, adding photos, altering relationship links, etc. For example, adding a spouse or a child, I hit enter or switch to another view, and it quits. What kind of screen shots do you want? Half of the time I can do one edit, save, then the next edit makes the program quit. The other half of the time the first edit makes it quit. I reinstalled the program to no avail. I can send the Apple crash logs, if they are useful to you. I'll try disabling various extensions and stuff and see if I can figure out something.

Alternately, I have a PC laptop, but I'm not sure if your license allows me to operate cross platform.

Thanks,

-Ron

hharold

Post by hharold » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:04 am

Hi. I am also having crashes although not as many it seems. Mine seem to happen mostly when returning to a place in the tree following some changes/additions. But is becoming really frustrating.
Where can I find a log file to send to troubleshoot the issue?
Harry