Access violation error when rotating the screen in a tablet with Windows 10 32 bits

wwcatman

Access violation error when rotating the screen in a tablet with Windows 10 32 bits

Post by wwcatman » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:06 am

Dear all,

I find the new features in Heredis 2019 very useful and I am happy I upgraded but I am noticing an annoying behaviour.

I have a Windows laptop, which functions as a table (an Acer Aspire Switch 10 E) and I have noticed that, whenever I rotate the screen while Heredis 2019 is oopen, Heredis will show the following message:

Access violation at address 013E3AF1 in module "Heredis 2019.exe". Read of Address 000002C0.

At this point, I can click OK and continue working normally but, when I tried to save the database, Heredis froze. After forcing it to close, it was not possible to open the same database again, as it was corrupted.

This behaviour is very consistent: Every time that I turn my latop and the screen rotates, Heredis shows this "access violation" error.

This issue did not happen at all with previous versions of Heredis.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Daniel

PS. I have updated the title of the post because I don't get this error in my desktop PC (Windows 10 64 bits) when I rotate the screen. The error only happens in my Windows 10 32 bits tablet when the screen rotates automatically.

As a workaround, I have avoided the error by locking the screen rotation.