Adopted by one parent

reesjel

Adopted by one parent

Post by reesjel » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:57 pm

Is there a way to add only one parent as the adoptive parent?

I have a few families in my tree where the father adopted the child of his wife, so the child is a legitimate child of the mother, but the adoptive child of the father. However, when I pick 'Adopted', it'll say that the child is the adopted son or daughter of both parents. When I pick 'legitimate' it'll say the child is the legitimate child of both parents.

I would like to be able to turn out a rapport that says that the child is the adoptive child of the father and the legitimate child of the mother.

billdog

Re: Adopted by one parent

Post by billdog » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:23 pm

I think you will have to make a Sundry Link relationship for him as step/adoptive father - not a direct father/child link. There would be a direct mother child link as there would be to the biological father.
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Memory: 4.0 GB
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

Model name iPad Air 2
iOS 13.4

reesjel

Re: Adopted by one parent

Post by reesjel » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:47 pm

billdog wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:23 pm
I think you will have to make a Sundry Link relationship for him as step/adoptive father - not a direct father/child link. There would be a direct mother child link as there would be to the biological father.
I did that but when I create the link it doesn't include the child with it's details in the report. But for now this is the best option I have so I'm using this for now. Thanks.