Export to Gedcom: Exclude persons born less than

dgarciamagarinos

Export to Gedcom: Exclude persons born less than

Post by dgarciamagarinos » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:27 pm

Hiya,

I wanted to make an export to GEDCOM from Heredis 2019 for Windows but I can't find the option to exclude persons born less than XX years ago.

Looking at the help, it looks like this option does not exist in Heredis for Windows and is only available in Heredis for Mac. Is this correct? I am asking because the help does not mention it. I am inferring it from the screenshots.

https://helpdev.heredis.com/knowledge-b ... m/?lang=en

Thanks!

Daniel

mike

Re: Export to Gedcom: Exclude persons born less than

Post by mike » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:33 pm

You should use the appropriate export option
export confidentials.jpg
export confidentials.jpg (61.15 KiB) Viewed 1615 times

but before, you have to tag 'confidential' the individuals you want to exclude via the "smart search"
Sincerely.
Mike

AuroraR8 : Intel Core i9-9900K 3,60 GHz - RAM 16 Go - SSD 1 To + RAID1 2 DD 1 To - Inverter 510 W
W10 Pro - Firefox - McAfee LiveSafe
Heredis EN + FR

dgarciamagarinos

Re: Export to Gedcom: Exclude persons born less than

Post by dgarciamagarinos » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:39 am

Thanks, Mike! That works a treat.

I filtered all the people presumed living with the smart search and marked them all as confidential.

I was looking for a solution that allowed me to apply the filter at export time to avoid having the additional step but I am realising it is much safer to use the confidential field than using year filter at export time (like in the Mac version) because you really see who is going to be exported.

The only hiccup for me was people in the tree without a date of birth might not be branded a as "Presumed living" by Heredis. For example, I have some cousings for whom I don't have a date of birth nor any other event and Heredis does not consider them as presumably living. I will add an approximate date of birth to solves this issue.

Daniel