Assigning media to an event

marionc1

Assigning media to an event

Post by marionc1 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:25 am

I have some questions about assigning media to an event and feel I may be doing something incorrectly.

Firstly I can see the "add a source" button and the "assign a source" button but cannot access the "link a source button" which is needed (according to the Heredis User Guide to create a new source and assign it immediately to an event). Is the 'link' button the same as the 'assign' button?

Secondly I am not sure if I am assigning the media correctly to the source as when I have my list of sources assigned to an event listed in the "sources" display field in the lowest horizontal panel, I can double click each one and the correct media shows, but if I highlight each one all I see is the media associated with the source that is first on the list. Is that how it should be?

Thirdly when I click on person sources in the middle horizontal panel it is blank although I have set up several sources for each life event. Surely these should show there.

Basic questions but I want to get this right and understand the programme correctly. Thank you in anticipation.