Plans for a Pro version of Heredis?

dgarciamagarinos

Plans for a Pro version of Heredis?

Post by dgarciamagarinos » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:10 pm

As we know, the original French version of Heredis is sold in two different editions:

Heredis Standard
Heredis Pro (which has many more features).

For the international market, there is only one Edition of Heredis, which includes quite a few of the features of the Pro version but not all of them. it is somewhere in the middle.

The thing is that there some features of the French Pro version which are not included in the international (English) version of Heredis. Some of them are really cool as I was wondering if there are any plans to make a Pro version of Heredis which includes the advanced features of the French Pro version.

These are some of the Pro features from the French version, which I am missing in the English version:

- Management of particles (it was super annoying that in Spanish, whenever I entered a surname with a particle, like "Fernández del Olmo", the name got autocapitalized to "García Del Olmo"). In the French edition it is possible to add exceptions to this automatic capitalization, which is much more confortable than going to the Surname Index and disabling the autocapitalizacion for every single affected surname). Thanks to Mike, this is not such big issue for me because I could add these particles myself by opening the database with an SQLite editor but not every user will be confortable with this.

- Enter data from a record (not just from Census but also from Baptism Records, Marriage records, etc.) using dedicated templates.

- List of Sosa numbers, including implexes.

- Management of branches (it allows, for example, to mark a whole branch as confidential or perform some operations).

- Find common ancestors.

- List of tasks

- Automatic text in the events: Texts like "Daniel and María got married on 11 december 1920" are generated automatically.

I could of course go and buy the Pro Version in French but I would have improve my French to be more confortable with it and, because there seems to be no upgrade path from the English version to the French Pro version, I might as well consider having a more extensive market survey to see how these features are handled by other tools.

On the other hand, i would not mind paying a more for the English version of Heredis if it included those other Pro features which are not that much related to French market but which would be useful for any genealogist.

Are there any plans to include these Pro features from the French version of Heredis? Some of them, like the management of particles are quite important and I don't know why they are not included. I really like Heredis but I feel very jelous of our French speaking friends. :D

Daniel

bradleyindc

Re: Plans for a Pro version of Heredis?

Post by bradleyindc » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:24 am

Some of these would be great:

- Enter data from a record (not just from Census but also from Baptism Records, Marriage records, etc.) using dedicated templates.

- List of Sosa numbers, including implexes.

- Management of branches (it allows, for example, to mark a whole branch as confidential or perform some operations).

- Find common ancestors.

- List of tasks

- Automatic text in the events: Texts like "Daniel and María got married on 11 december 1920" are generated automatically.