Sudden display error - center family pane

dmossfritch

Re: Sudden display error - center family pane

Post by dmossfritch » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Probably. Since all my graphic software (Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 5, Nik Software, onOne Software, Dreamweaver CS6, Expression Web 4, and others) work fine, I am going to 'guess' the problem is a reaction to some obscure dll on this laptop. I had hoped the problem had occurred before, but ...

Thanks for your assist. At this point I am in the midst of 'convincing' myself to reinstall the laptop's original OS image, what I did yearly when I worked in California's Silicon Valley software industry (26 year as lead technical writer for database products) before retiring four years ago. I have done some beta testing this year, so something might have been added and not removed. If I do reimage the OS, that will be a couple weeks of moving data (an extra precaution despite backups), deactivating applications, the reimaging, and all the software installations.
Denise Moss-Fritch

HP Envy Phoenix 860-180st desktop
(Intel Core i7-6800 processor, 6th Gen quad-core [4.00GHz], 32GB RAM)

HP Envy 17t Laptop
(Intel Core i7-6700HQ 6th Gen quad Core [2.60Ghz], 16GB RAM)

iPad (iOS 11.2.2)

mike-en

Post by mike-en » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:20 am

dmossfritch wrote: I an guessing my experience (problem with part of the graphical interface display) has not happened before?
dmossfritch wrote: I had hoped the problem had occurred before, but ...
I scanned the french forum (over 50000 messages) and found that the "divide by zero" problem has been reported by only 5 users over the 3 past years :
- it happened with H2014 as well as other earlier versions of Heredis
- probably under different versions of Windows
- none of the cases were convincingly solved (users did not come back to tell if the problem disapeared or not)

For my part, I never experienced it whatever the Windows and Heredis versions, and with numerous files of various sizes
Cordialement.
Mike

using BSD softwares on PC
Do not give a man fish, teach him how to fish

dmossfritch

Post by dmossfritch » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:48 am

I moved data, deactivated applications, and removed other software from the HP Envy dv7 laptop today, followed by reinstalling the original Windows OS image, adding Win 8 patches, and moving on to Win 8.1. With Internet security in place and the same video card driver (v331.28) as before I installed Heredis 2014. So far, Heredis 2014 is functioning properly now.

However, I still have a lot of files to transfer back, HP patches to add, and applications to re-install. I have not even re-installed MS Office yet. If I have any display problems from Heredis 2014 during the other installs I should know exactly which application I was installing and will post that information.

During the clean-up of the hard drive I did find numerous application fragments left behind. For example, I found files from visual studio (both Win and web) from classes I had during the past year or two. Based upon that discovery, I still suspect that what may have caused the original Heredis 2014 display problem that I reported was an application 'fragment' or corrupted dll that had not been fully uninstalled from the hard drive.
Denise Moss-Fritch

HP Envy Phoenix 860-180st desktop
(Intel Core i7-6800 processor, 6th Gen quad-core [4.00GHz], 32GB RAM)

HP Envy 17t Laptop
(Intel Core i7-6700HQ 6th Gen quad Core [2.60Ghz], 16GB RAM)

iPad (iOS 11.2.2)

mike-en

Post by mike-en » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:04 am

Thanks for your interesting feed back ...
Cordialement.
Mike

using BSD softwares on PC
Do not give a man fish, teach him how to fish