- I can't use the Given Name field, as it will clog up my Given Names Index with bogus names, as patronyms aren't given names.
- I can't use the Surname field, as I can't use it twice, in case someone has both a patronym and a surname. Also, it will mess up my Surname index with invalid surnames.
- I can't use Suffix, as that will append a patronym to the whole name, not the given name.
- I can't use Prefix, as that will put a patronym in front of the whole name, not just the surname.
- I can't use Title, as it is not really a title to begin with, and it is not really part of a name.
- I can't use Nickname, as it is not really a nickname to start with, and it will be displayed with AKA in front of it.
There I have this request: Would you consider adding a Patronym field to Heredis?
As a side note: Both Prefix and Title are fields that can be used for what is basically the same information. The manual says for Prefix:
And for Title:The Prefix is used to specify an attribute found often in an old act,
such as Lord, Sir, Reverend…, or in more recent documents, such
as Professor, Master, Doctor...
There is quite an overlap there.Indicate here any title of nobility or honorary title.