HEREDIS 2014 AND LICENSES

genealogico

HEREDIS 2014 AND LICENSES

Post by genealogico » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:38 pm

Hello !

I subscribed to the forum to send a message to the publishers of Heredis and to ask a question about Heredis licensing. I have not yet purchased Heredis but after using the demo version, I am seriously planning to do so.

I want to congratulate everybody at Heredis for their software. I have personally tried different genealogical software over the years. Although other genealogical solutions available have their advantages and disadvantages, most commercial genealogical software is designed towards genealogy and genealogists in the U.S., and even though some of the software allows changing languages, there is no software that acknowledges the differences that exist among different countries and the implications this has to genealogy and documenting a family history. In that sense, Heredis is making an important contribution to genealogy.

I think Heredis is also great because it can keep track of genealogical research and all its details. One of the features that I personally find outstanding is the possibility of adding witnesses to events. This is especially useful when attempting to tackle a genealogical project, such as working on an entire surname or lineage, or an entire village or town, where it is important to keep track of people involved in different events, because many times clues are found in details. In the past, people lived for generations in the same town or village, and it is common to find relatives acting as witnesses to different events. Such is a case where Heredis can help.

Finally, a question about licenses. I am planning on purchasing a Heredis 2014 license. But I am also going to reinstall Windows on my computer. Will I be able to reinstall Heredis again after I install Windows, without purchasing a new license ? If I purchase a license, will I be able to download a full version of Heredis 2014 ?

Thank you and keep up the good work,

Daniel

mike-en

Re: HEREDIS 2014 AND LICENSES

Post by mike-en » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:19 am

genealogico wrote:Will I be able to reinstall Heredis again after I install Windows, without purchasing a new license ? If I purchase a license, will I be able to download a full version of Heredis 2014 ?
Yes to both questions
Cordialement.
Mike

using BSD softwares on PC
Do not give a man fish, teach him how to fish