Demo limits?? Synching and media

Dancinggolfers

Demo limits?? Synching and media

Post by Dancinggolfers » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:56 pm

I want to buy heredis but first Wanted to see if I could add media such as photos to a person. I can't quite figure out how to do multiple photos. Are multiple photos explained anywhere? I have quite a few photos associated with family tree maker which I am trying to replace.

Also I wanted after I had added these photos to the Heredis file to sync that file with the photos to my iPad. All of my photos are in dropbox.

Thanks

Dancinggolfers

Re: Demo limits?? Synching and media

Post by Dancinggolfers » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:22 pm

I have looked around and have synched to my iPhone from my iPad. But now my question is will it replace all the data or will it merge? Several family members are working on different people.

Also I think that perhaps I can put in multiple photos on sources , but my photos are all in drop box or on my pc
So need to figure out how to get them into heredis file from there.

veronique_heredis
Site Admin

Post by veronique_heredis » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:12 am

Dancinggolfers wrote:I have looked around and have synched to my iPhone from my iPad. But now my question is will it replace all the data or will it merge? Several family members are working on different people.
With the sync function, you will replace all the data
Dancinggolfers wrote:..wanted to see if I could add media such as photos to a person
You will see how to illustrate your data in Heredis Help, page 54
Dancinggolfers wrote:Also I wanted after I had added these photos to the Heredis file to sync that file with the photos to my iPad.
Photos added in your genealogy file are automatically transferred with the sync function.

Dancinggolfers

Post by Dancinggolfers » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Thanks for replies. I have figured out how to add multiple photos which is good as I did not want to add photos one by one to a person or event. I think I may have figured out how to annotate each photo (not quite sure about this yet).

Now MY SINGLE AND LAST PROBLEM IS TO GET SYNCH TO WORK BETWEEN PC AND IPAD.
Somewhere I read that I can use iTunes to do this and have it include all the media, but once I said to make an iTunes file I don't know how to get it to the iPad.

I wish the synch would only do a merge and update just what has changed so multiple people can work on the file. For example my daughter has a Mac and we have a PC and we would like to collaborate, but not sure how to do this.