can't synch to ipad with bonjour installed

Dancinggolfers

can't synch to ipad with bonjour installed

Post by Dancinggolfers » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:15 pm

I have windows 7 and installed bonjour 2.0.2 when I try to synch to ipad I get message that bonjour is not installed.
I have an HP printer and use network printing (usually via airprint) but also from my laptop. It works fine. When I bring up bonjour it finds the hp printer, when I click finish bonjour disappears. (Don't know if it finished or crashed.)

in any case all my media is in dropbox on my laptop and I need to get it associated with the proper people in Heredis.
I am still using the demo version to see if I can associated the photos with the people and then synch to my ipad. So far no luck in the synch so haven't started associating photos yet.

Any help is appreciated.

veronique_heredis
Site Admin

Re: can't synch to ipad with bonjour installed

Post by veronique_heredis » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:57 pm

A new version of Heredis PC is now available. After update, retry the sync function.
Please tell us if all is ok for you

Dancinggolfers

Post by Dancinggolfers » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:29 pm

thanks for the reply. Not sure how to get the new version of heredis. I did uninstall and re-downloaded heredis, demo version, but had the problem still. Is the demo download updated to the new version?
I have uninstalled and reinstalled bonjour several times, and the task manager says it is running. Heredis is an allowed program in the windows firewall. All other printer functions work with iphone, ipad and laptop. Also can synch heredis between ipad and iphone, just not laptop and ipad or iphone due to bonjour not found problem.

This isn't quite related, but here are my other questions. (And part of the reason I need this syncing to work). On Family Tree Maker which I hope to replace I have lots of pictures associated with people. It has taken months of work to do this, so I want to make sure the pictures get moved over to my ipad. Hopefully I can easily associate these pictures with the right people without doing it photo by photo. It looks like I can then sync and have the pictures and file on my ipad.
Is this the case?

I have all my pictures in dropbox and they have a label on each. On camera roll I cannot annotate each picture, so can I add pictures and put labels or a comment on each picture in heredis (once I get my master file downloaded my plan is to use the iphone and ipad to take pictures and to add geneology info then sync back to my pc.) Also to buy heredis for my daughter for her MAC so she can update and send info to me.

Thanks for the response, and will keep trying to get the sync to work.
Last edited by Dancinggolfers on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dancinggolfers

Post by Dancinggolfers » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:32 pm

just one more quick comment on the pictures. I do have iphoto on my ipad and can edit pictures, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get an edited photo from either iphoto or dropbox into heredis on the ipad.

I have played with Heredis some more. I think I have figured out how to add a comment to a photo once it is in Heredis. I also have figured out how to go to each person and select a photo to add. Hopefully it will add the photo with the label so perhaps it will not take as much work as I previously thought to add back photos. (although an import directly from family tree maker, would make it quite easy.) Anyway I will keep trying to learn.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Dancinggolfers

Post by Dancinggolfers » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Yesterrday got notice of new Heredis, downloaded and installed. It says ver 13.2.5. Still cannot synch between ipad and pc with windows 7. Still get message that bonjour is not installed. (I have uninstalled and reinstalled bonjour so many times.) Any help please. I really think Heredis with the ability to have it on my pc and MAC and ipad is best solution, if I can get this to work.

veronique_heredis
Site Admin

Post by veronique_heredis » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:38 am

Could you check your firewall and/or your antivirus ? Stop them temporarily, restart your PC (make sure that both your firewall and/or antivirus are stopped) and retry synchronization.

jackjack

Post by jackjack » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:00 am

Get the latest version. You should have latest development Kit installed (DK). If it is still not working then just reinstall ever thing. It will sort out I promise, sync is not a problem anymore.