New Heredis for Windows

mike-en

Re: New Heredis for Windows

Post by mike-en » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:43 am

strude86 wrote:Most importantly, though, is the application of dates. Standard practice in the United States, at least amongst professional genealogists, is to use date/month/year format, as in 5 July 2012. The default here is July 5 2012, lacking the separating comma of typical American-English language formats.

How can I formulate the date in the way I need them to appear? The help document is not indexed and I do not find its organization intuitive, and have been unable to find out how I may customize the materials.
- Before importing the Gedcom file, go to "Tools / Heredis Preference", tab "Format", and select the "Default Date Format" to "Month Day Year" ; and restart Heredis.

- The Help document, once open with Adobe Reader can be searched for word or expression occurences
Cordialement.
Mike

using BSD softwares on PC
Do not give a man fish, teach him how to fish

mike-en

Post by mike-en » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:45 am

strude86 wrote:And how is it that I can change my "root person"? The import has changed that person from my previous database/application.
- select your preferred root person
- go to "Person / Define as Root Person"
Cordialement.
Mike

sanwee

Post by sanwee » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:38 am

Hi, I installed the new demo version (InstallHeredisBleu.exe). The installation dialog language I could change to English. But the installed HeredisPC comes in French. How can I change the language to English?

Sylvette

Post by Sylvette » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:02 am

Display the person you want to be the Root Person of your genealogy file. Select Define as Root Person from the Person menu. Genealogical numbering will be instantly adapted to this new Root Person.
Sylvette
Heredis Team member

dakreepy1

Post by dakreepy1 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi there, found another bug. All of a sudden I could not save my heredis file to the same location i was always saving it to, kept getting an error message saying not enough space on drive. I knew there was space as i just did a big cleanup, and that's what i think caused the issue. I think that since my drive has more than 2TB of free space now, heredis will not want to write to it. I moved the same exact files to another smaller drive and it saves with no issues. The drive in question has exact 2.05TB of free space available now, before there was about 700gb free. As far as I can tell that's the only thing that I changed.

i'm still having the you must install bonjour message, would be nice if i could sync from my iphone to my pc and also my ipad, but that seems a little buggy at the moment.

strude86

Post by strude86 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:20 am

Thanks for guidance on the Root Person. Very helpful.

Dave

mike-en

Post by mike-en » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:40 am

dakreepy1 wrote:i'm still having the you must install bonjour message, would be nice if i could sync from my iphone to my pc and also my ipad, but that seems a little buggy at the moment.
"Bonjour" is perhaps not up to date ; try to unstall it and use http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL99 ... SSetup.exe to re-install ...
Cordialement.
Mike

sanwee

Post by sanwee » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:04 am

sanwee wrote:Hi, I installed the new demo version (InstallHeredisBleu.exe). The installation dialog language I could change to English. But the installed HeredisPC comes in French. How can I change the language to English?
It seems to be a side effect of a previously instaled Heredis12 Demo version, which was in French only. So I uninstalled all and deleted also Heredis entries in the regestry. But all this does not help.

I have two user profiles on my notebook, administrator and user. When I run HeredisPC as administrator then it starts up in English. But when I run it as user then it starts up in French. So, it seems to be a setting in the user profile. Any :idea:

mike-en

Post by mike-en » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:39 am

sanwee wrote:
sanwee wrote:Hi, I installed the new demo version (InstallHeredisBleu.exe). The installation dialog language I could change to English. But the installed HeredisPC comes in French. How can I change the language to English?
It seems to be a side effect of a previously instaled Heredis12 Demo version, which was in French only. So I uninstalled all and deleted also Heredis entries in the regestry. But all this does not help.

I have two user profiles on my notebook, administrator and user. When I run HeredisPC as administrator then it starts up in English. But when I run it as user then it starts up in French. So, it seems to be a setting in the user profile. Any :idea:
There are (should not be) any interference with Heredis 12 ...
However, funny enough, you are right : even though Heredis blue is installed in english, only the 'instaler' user have it in english, the others have a mlixture of french and english !

As if there were a per user switch somewhere ... @ BSD : where would it be ?
Cordialement.
Mike

dakreepy1

Post by dakreepy1 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:45 pm

hi there, i've reinstalled bonjour a few times, disabled my firewall and i am still getting the bonjour error. I know its installed and is the absolute latest since i've installed it about 10 times since i downloaded this program while trying to get it working. I even did a reinstall of windows (not fresh but an upgrade) in hopes that it may fix things, still the same message.