New Heredis for Windows

trevorp3

Re: New Heredis for Windows

Post by trevorp3 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi dakreepy1,

I too share your frustration. My tale of woe can be found in the 'Windows7, iPad, iPhone' section of this forum.

Do you happen to know whether there is an email address or telephone number that I can use to make contact with the Heredis Team as posting to this forum appears to be a fruitless exercise?

Best regard,

Trevor

christinebsd
Site Admin

Post by christinebsd » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Trevor wrote: make contact with the Heredis Team as posting to this forum appears to be a fruitless exercise?
Please refer to your other post:
http://www.heredis.com/en/forums/viewto ... ?f=3&t=165
We are doing our best to solve your problem, a patch will be available this week, please confirm if your sync problem is fixed after you install it.
Christine
HEREDIS team

trevorp3

Post by trevorp3 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Christine,

Thank you for the update.

Best regards

Trevor

strude86

Post by strude86 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:45 am

Neither my IPad nor my Windows 7 version are able to access the datafile. What am I missing? I get the "success" message when I click on the "recent" item in the opening screen, but I do not access the file itself.

Dave

strude86

Post by strude86 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:25 am

It would seem that Heredis has a series of "bugs" that are not yet worked out. I will not be recommending the program to those who have asked me about it. I have just closed my Windows datafile (created after I re-created my GEDCOM into a Heredis file), and the new file, made not 10 minutes ago, no longer appears to exist! I cannot get it to save my files and let me access them again. If I have to recreate the file every time I turn on the program, what good will it do me? And I cannot access the "Bonjour" file through the link in the program, which folks are saying is being patched this wee.

Perhaps the program was released for sale too soon. It looks to have enormous potential, but it is not yet fully ready for use.

Dave

mike-en

Post by mike-en » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:09 am

strude86 wrote: I have just closed my Windows datafile (created after I re-created my GEDCOM into a Heredis file), and the new file, made not 10 minutes ago, no longer appears to exist!.......
Try this :
- go to the "(my file).hmw" directory
- rename the file *.heredis as *.heredisold
- suppress the "~" in the name of the file *.~heredis
- then open the program Heredis
- uncheck the Compatibility option in "Tools/Preferences/Heredis Preferences"
- and now, open your *.heredis file
(leave unchecked the compatibility option ...)
Cordialement.
Mike

using BSD softwares on PC
Do not give a man fish, teach him how to fish

dakreepy1

Post by dakreepy1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Hi all, i was finally able to get around the bonjour install issue, here are the steps i took.

uninstall itunes
uninstall all apple programs (application support, mobile device support, software update)

uninstall bonjour print services

reinstall itunes and reboot if prompted

now it all works, no need for the separate bonjour print services install at all.

i think my issue may have been caused by having itunes installed AND bonjour print services which could have been conflicting somehow with heredis.

now when i hit sync, i get the sync dialog screen. I havent had a chance to test out actually syncing yet, but i will later on today.

dakreepy1

Post by dakreepy1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:51 pm

syncing all seems to be working perfectly now across a pc, iphone, and ipad.

reesjel

Post by reesjel » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:03 pm

sanwee wrote:
I have two user profiles on my notebook, administrator and user. When I run HeredisPC as administrator then it starts up in English. But when I run it as user then it starts up in French. So, it seems to be a setting in the user profile. Any :idea:
I also have the same problem, I have two users on my laptop. The user (the person that will be working with Heredis the most) has Heredis in French, eventhough I installed it from the user profile and chose "English" as the installation language. I would really like to see the user also having Heredis in English.

Has anybody found out how to solve this yet? So far all my efforts didn't result in anything.

mike-en

Post by mike-en » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:10 pm

I have not found where the French/English switch is hidden !
Unless someone comes with a better idea ... I would suggest to install again Heredis (without de-installing) from the user who has it in french and choose 'English" as for the other one.
Cordialement.
Mike

using BSD softwares on PC
Do not give a man fish, teach him how to fish