Why is the PC version different from the Mac version?

heyjude

Why is the PC version different from the Mac version?

Post by heyjude » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:16 pm

Heredis in a new program for me to learn. Last week I downloaded the Mac version with the iPad app and have been getting to know the program and learn where everything is while waiting for the PC version to be released today. Now that I have the software on both my iMac and PC laptop, I find the PC version is different from the Mac program. Preferences are found in different place as are other functions. :roll: I'm now having to learn TWO new programs and try to remember where things are on both programs and which one is used on which machine. :cry:

Also, in the Mac program, when entering a date, it's entered as July 4, 2012. But on the PC version it will not accept the comma so I'm having to enter July 4 2012. :? All I can ask is WHY???
- iMac, OS X 10.7.5
- HP Pavilion dv6500, Vista Home Premium, IE 8 (yes, it's old!!)
- iPad2, iOS 7

mike-en

Re: Why is the PC version different from the Mac version?

Post by mike-en » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:50 pm

- the PC module is an evolution from previous versions
- the development/programming of the Mac module is a complete rewrite starting from scratch due to recent changes in Mac OS and Mac programming guidelines
- however the user files have a unique format usable without any change by both modules (also by the iPad module)
Cordialement.
Mike

using BSD softwares on PC
Do not give a man fish, teach him how to fish

Sylvette

Post by Sylvette » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:59 am

Preferences is a standard "Application" menu item in all Mac programs. This menu does not exist in the Windows programs. Both Heredis versions comply with Windows and Mac standards which may be different.
The display of dates will be fixed in the next patch which should be available next week.
Sylvette
Heredis Team member

heyjude

Post by heyjude » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Sylvette wrote:Preferences is a standard "Application" menu item in all Mac programs. This menu does not exist in the Windows programs. Both Heredis versions comply with Windows and Mac standards which may be different.
The display of dates will be fixed in the next patch which should be available next week.
Was the patch for the date format ever released? If so, how do I go about finding it?
- iMac, OS X 10.7.5
- HP Pavilion dv6500, Vista Home Premium, IE 8 (yes, it's old!!)
- iPad2, iOS 7

mike-en

Post by mike-en » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:49 am

Jude wrote:Was the patch for the date format ever released? If so, how do I go about finding it?
As I can see, it has been fixed in the july 24th patch ?
See http://www.heredis.com/en/forums/viewto ... ?f=3&t=207
Cordialement.
Mike

using BSD softwares on PC
Do not give a man fish, teach him how to fish