App not showing up

A question when using your software, an installation problem, a function that seems to be non-existent... Ask all your questions about your version here ... we will answer!
* Please try to be as specific as possible.
shawanoheup

App not showing up

Post by shawanoheup » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Hello,

I have a GED file on my iPad, but when I go to "Open in" and "More", Heredis doesn't show up as an option. It is also not listed under Settings.

This is on an iPad iOS 12.1.3

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, shut down & restarted and it still hasn't shown up.

Any ideas on how to get the app to import my file would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

aussiepete

Re: App not showing up

Post by aussiepete » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:44 pm

How are you importing the gedcom file, by email or via itunes? Maybe the gedcom file is in wrong format, have you tried importing another one? You could do a test by creating a new heredis file in the app, export it as a gedcom by sending it to yourself as an email with attachment and then importing it back into heredis?

shawanoheup

Post by shawanoheup » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:11 pm

I was doing it from my Google Drive, but when you suggested testing it, I tried exporting one and Heredis crashed.

On the plus side, I decided to email the file to myself and that worked. I thought that using Google Drive would be an easy way to keep the file up to date. But I think I will have to come up with another plan.

Thank you.

aussiepete

Post by aussiepete » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:22 am

The export function is very fragile from my experience, it often doesn't work and heredis crashes. At least the ios version has one, the android version is useless, you can't share a gedcom file. I would stick with using the email import method if you want to access the file while mobile and backup the files elsewhere.

shawanoheup

Post by shawanoheup » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:41 pm

So if I update the my family tree on my iPad, how do I get that file back to the original location?

aussiepete

Post by aussiepete » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:59 am

If you have Heredis on your computer I would use the share function otherwise you will have to keep trying the export gedcom by email or itunes method until it works eventually. It is frustrating and I hope that this bug in the app gets fixed.