Languages

You will be welcome to participate in the development of your software by posting your suggestions for future versions. Imagine new features or improvements.
* Please remember to mention which software you use.
heidisitara

Languages

Post by heidisitara » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:43 am

Will Heredis be available in more languages?
In Norway genealogy is big, and the only reason I cannot use Heredis is because the reports, charts and documents are not in Norwegian.
Regards
HeidiSitara

christinebsd
Site Admin

Re: Languages

Post by christinebsd » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:12 am

It is not expected immediately, but why not, later ...
Christine
HEREDIS team

wdreves

Post by wdreves » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:14 pm

Same request here :-)
Would like to see a languague feature in the Software UI and Reports.
I'm sure this excellent software will get much more users then!

ciuthran

Post by ciuthran » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:51 pm

Another request from germany - I tested a lot of genealogy programs in the last times, heredis seems to offer most gadgets of all and got the best layout so far. But the most researchers I know aren't speaking english or french well, that they would use a program not in their native language.

But it's to be feard that the language is compiled in the source code - I can't see a file which controls it.

Regards, Martin

heresieino

Post by heresieino » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:06 am

. . . and I would like to see a Norwegian option!
I can even help translating . . . :D

Thanks,
Eilif

fieke

Re: Languages (UPDATED w solution) :!:

Post by fieke » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:15 pm

Hello,

I use Heredis 2014 for Mac and I love it, but as others already suggested, reports and books etc. should be in my native language and preferably, the program itself too.

I am offering my help to translate both the program and the reports into Dutch (not German!)

When you're on a Mac, you can go to Programs and choose Heredis and then rightclick on the app and choose for Show Package Contents, you can actually see what's inside the app. You'll find a folder Resources, inside that are several files and also two folders called en.lproj and fr.lproj.

What I did was copy the en.lproj folder and rename it to nl.lproj.
I then installed the app iLocalize (free on the App Store) to translate the strings (the only files you need to translate are the .strings files inside the newly created nl.proj) and I installed another free app, App Language Chooser which makes it real easy to change the default language of any app you have on your Mac. With the latter, I changed the default language of Heredis to Dutch.

Then it was time to start translating a few strings and see if it works...AND IT DOES!!!

Now I have Heredis mostly in English and some stuff that I alreday translated using iLocalize are in Dutch. The more I translate, the more Dutch I will see in Heredis. Meanwhile it just keeps working :)

audrey_heredis
Site Admin

Post by audrey_heredis » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:48 am

Thank you Fieke for your help. I note with interest your proposition to translate Heredis in Dutch version.

Liliane1967

Post by Liliane1967 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:11 pm

Dutch would be great!! I love this program! (Windows 10)
It's easy to work with, but the reports...i have problems with them. It would be great to have them in Dutch.

Regards,
Liliane

mikkop71

Post by mikkop71 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:47 pm

Is there any plans to get program localized to other languages or offer possibility to make custom localisations (I don't except program officially translated to Finnish). It is no problem to use program in English, but getting charts or reports out is a different story. So at least possibility to localize those would be VERY helpful.

mark2370

Post by mark2370 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:19 pm

Here a +100 for German translation.