Stories

You will be welcome to participate in the development of your software by posting your suggestions for future versions. Imagine new features or improvements.
* Please remember to mention which software you use.
reesjel

Stories

Post by reesjel » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:05 pm

I would like to see an option to add stories to a person. I've been receiving stories from family members and would like to add those to the relevant person, but aside from the 'Person Note' in the 'Family Data' section which won't be displayed online unless we give everyone full access to a person's data. I wouldn't mind some stories to be available to everyone, but I don't want all of that person's other data to be available either.

It would be nice if we could add some stories to a person which in turn could also be added to reports and the online publication as well as slideshows (if it's a short story).

I currently have a separate folder, not within Heredis, in which I collect all stories and photo's family members share.

scgriff

Re: Stories

Post by scgriff » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:52 pm

I totally second that!!!

I have several family stories that I file separately. And now that I am connected to cousin - I am getting additional family stories!

mike

Post by mike » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:09 pm

1/ Nearly every element in an Heredis file can be declared "Private" …
- When exporting, printing, publishing (Heredis Online) one can choose to include or not all Private elements

If you want to give access to private elements for some people and not to others, you can publish twice with different names :
- one including Private informations, protected by password ; and you give the password to your priviledged people
- one without Private informations, without password ; open to everyone
Regards.
Mike

- Desktop, i7 3,6 Ghz, 16 Go RAM, W10 Pro(64)
- Laptop, W10 Family(64)

teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

reesjel

Post by reesjel » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:38 am

mike wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:09 pm
1/ Nearly every element in an Heredis file can be declared "Private" …
- When exporting, printing, publishing (Heredis Online) one can choose to include or not all Private elements

If you want to give access to private elements for some people and not to others, you can publish twice with different names :
- one including Private informations, protected by password ; and you give the password to your priviledged people
- one without Private informations, without password ; open to everyone
Thanks for the suggestion.
The stories aren't private elements though and I haven't found the option on how to make the person note not private. However, the person note is just one place that could work but it doesn't really give the option for adding multiple stories to a person. So if the Heredis team could eventually add this ability to a feature release that would be great. If not, I will keep my file separate. I'm now using my own website to share stories like that. Now all I need is for Heredis to be mobile friendly and have the ability to be integrated into WordPress and I'll have the perfect setup :D