search for shared events / connection to historic events

You will be welcome to participate in the development of your software by posting your suggestions for future versions. Imagine new features or improvements.
* Please remember to mention which software you use.
jrmine

search for shared events / connection to historic events

Post by jrmine » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:53 pm

Hi,

i think a family tree only gets lively when adding stories of the family, and often these are linked to historic events and are better understood with some historic background information.

for example:
for the ancestors which died in battle i have the event of the actual battle and the personal event of the death in my tree.
same for the ancestors which were deported: there's a shared event for the hungarian-german deportation in 1946 and the personal events and stories related to that.

in my tree actually is a person called "world war 1" and "world war 2" with all the historic events, since there is no search option for shared events and i'm no history professor and really bad at remembering dates :oops: . without them i wouldn't be able to find these shared events because if i want to add a person B to an already existing shared event i need to navigate to person A and add person B.

i would love to be able to add (and search for) general shared historic events, with the option to link personal events, stories or places. (even better if the place index would show historic events linked to the place)

well anyway i already love the shared event function, and the option to link different people and places to an event! so heredis still is the very best option for me (and i tried a lot of different software) :-)

Best regards
Jasmin

aucune

Re: search for shared events / connection to historic events

Post by aucune » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:24 am

Dans le même sens.... Il parait, d'après un correspondant qui cherche depuis un moment, qu'il n'existe point sur la version (au moins MAC) en anglais d'un "Arbre chronologique"... c'est la forme d'un tableau avec les dates sur la ligne du haut....
Je comprends bien qu'on ne puisse pas "traduire" les événements français sur une version anglophone, car ça ne correspondrait pas.... Aussi vu le nombre de pays anglophones, ce serait quasi impossible de mettre les dates d'événements météorologiques tels "été caniculaire" ou "hiver glacial" qui sont propres à chaque pays (peut être qu'une possibilité de rajouter ces points serait souhaitable, si c'est possible dans la programmation ?)

Peut être que les utilisateurs anglophones (germanophones etc) d'Heredis pourraient aider à "fabriquer" une ligne historique qui tient la distance dans plusieurs pays ?
On est volontaires !!

Merci
Rosemary CALAZEL - France mais beaucoup d'ancêtres au Royaume Uni

mike

Post by mike » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:00 pm

jazlaansam wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:08 am
Spam deleted
I am not convinced ...
Sincerely.
Mike

AuroraR8 : Intel Core i9-9900K 3,60 GHz - RAM 16 Go - SSD 1 To + RAID1 2 DD 1 To - Inverter 510 W
W10 Pro - Firefox - McAfee LiveSafe
Heredis EN + FR

mike

Post by mike » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:03 pm

@
aucune wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:24 am
Rosemary CALAZEL - France mais beaucoup d'ancêtres au Royaume Uni
If you wsh to be undestood by your readers, only english is to be used on this forum ...
Sincerely.
Mike

AuroraR8 : Intel Core i9-9900K 3,60 GHz - RAM 16 Go - SSD 1 To + RAID1 2 DD 1 To - Inverter 510 W
W10 Pro - Firefox - McAfee LiveSafe
Heredis EN + FR