The new XXL (Heredis 2018)

Put your elbows on the counter and come and discuss genealogy, but also share your tips, your reactions to the news or let us discover your passions, your travels, your desires...
scgriff

The new XXL (Heredis 2018)

Post by scgriff » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:59 am

I found a living cousin! We would chat on facebook and exchange stories and information on family.

She sent me a file with family information - grandparents, children, grand children and great-grandchildren. Most of the information on the grandparents I already had but missed a couple of name (because they are still living). With all this new data, I was typing in the new information into my Heredis!

In my excitement, I happen to cross spouses (because of similarity of spellings) along with the children.

If it wasn't for the visualization that XXL provides, I would have made even MORE errors, no realizing my error in the first place. I quickly deleted the errors and retyped the spouses to their correct mates and children. The XXL portion of Heredis sure save my butt! Thanks!

helene_heredis

Re: The new XXL (Heredis 2018)

Post by helene_heredis » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:45 pm

Glad it helped !
Enjoy your XXL Family view

jvs

Post by jvs » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:55 pm

Greetings,
Why isn't there an email address for Sales? I have several questions that could be answered by a sales representative.

1. Why the difference in cost between the Windows & Mac versions, especially when this web site states that the Windows version contains more features than the Mac version?

2. Is the current version compatible with the current macOS ( version 10.13.6 Beta )? Earlier this year, I used the free download version and unfortunately my computer crashed, which could be the beta Apple software.

3. I currently use FTM for mac and have found that my tree on Ancestry going back into the 300 & 400 years has not been syncing with FTM, Will Heredis automatically sync with Ancestry completely? Or would I have to manual input the missing data?

t_emmanuel

Post by t_emmanuel » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:34 pm

Hi jvs,

thank you for your message.

1. We work hard to make Mac version the same of the Windows one. The difference between prices come from the cost of Mac OS development plateform.

2. Heredis 18 is actually compatible with High Sierra (version 10.13). It should be compatible with 10.13.6.

3. The response is no. Heredis doesn't automatically sync with Ancestry.

You can contact us from here for technicals questions or sales.

Best regards,
Emmanuel from Heredis