PC crash - Lost HEREDIS software

sgerontis

PC crash - Lost HEREDIS software

Post by sgerontis » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:24 am

I purchased the Heredis software last year (mid-October 2014) and installed it on my PC. Unfortunately my PC crashed and I lost all my software, including HEREDIS. My order number was U6337526102. Could you please advise on how to get the software again? Thanks a lot.

mike-en

Re: PC crash - Lost HEREDIS software

Post by mike-en » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:57 pm

Download and start from the trial version http://www.heredis.com/en/heredis-2014-for-windows/
Cordialement.
Mike

using BSD softwares on PC
Do not give a man fish, teach him how to fish

sgerontis

Greek fonts unrecognisable

Post by sgerontis » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:49 pm

Thanks a lot Mike! Downloaded and ready!

Unfortunately, a new problem occurred: None of the characters (GREEK) can be recognized! When I did it last year, I didn't have any problem.
Could it be a setting in Windows 7 (I had exactly the same windows before the crash).
Please advise!!! :(

Again my thanks!

mike-en

Post by mike-en » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:49 am

I am not knowlegable enough in the use of languages ans keyboards by Windows to advise ...
Someone else out there ?
Cordialement.
Mike

using BSD softwares on PC
Do not give a man fish, teach him how to fish

sgerontis

Post by sgerontis » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Found it in "Region and Language", "Administrative", and works perfectly:

Change the system locale
The system locale determines the default character set (letters, symbols, and numbers) and font used to enter and display information in programs that don't use Unicode. This allows non-Unicode programs to run on your computer using the specified language. You might need to change the default system locale when you install additional display languages on your computer. Selecting a different language for the system locale doesn't affect the language in menus and dialog boxes for Windows or other programs that do use Unicode.
1. Click to open Region and Language.
2. Click the Administrative tab, and then, under Language for non-Unicode programs, click Change system locale. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Select the language, and then click OK.
4. Restart your computer, click Restart now.