The Heredis Online Service is a processing service for genealogical data created and implemented by the HEREDIS Company. Review the Terms and conditions of the Heredis Online Service.
HEREDIS offers a remote access service for downloadable genealogy software and applications that it designs and / or publishes and markets under the HEREDIS brand.
All product offers on our Site are reserved for sale to individuals.
It is specified that the general conditions of sale govern all sales by HEREDIS to the exclusion of all other conditions.
The customer declares to have read the following provisions before ordering products.
By choosing to buy the products, the customer expressly and irrevocably accepts the terms set out below.
2 – Capacity
The customer declares his/her ability to enter into this contract, the general terms and conditions are set out below, that is to say, he/she is of legal age and not under guardianship.
3 – Applicable Law
This agreement is subject to French law.
In case of dispute, French courts will have jurisdiction.
4 – Price
The prices of our products are in dollars, inclusive of all taxes according to the laws in force at the date of registration of the order.
All orders are payable in dollars.
HEREDIS reserves the right to change prices at any time but the products will be billed based on rates in effect at the time of order entry, that is to say, when choosing the method of payment.
In case of promotions of limited duration, the promotional rate will be applied once the order has been registered during the promotion period.
5 – Order
The customer will place an order in accordance with the indications given on the Site. He undertakes to fill in his registration and order form, making sure to give the necessary complete and exact information. In any case, the customer is responsible for the information entered on his registration form and when taking the order.
The registration of any order with HEREDIS, involves sending an email confirming receipt of the order. Depending on the product ordered, the order will be processed upon receipt of the full price of the product or
service ordered. Once full payment is received, the ordered items are sent and the customer is notified by email.
HEREDIS reserves the right to cancel or refuse any order for products that are not part of the license rights available to the customer (in particular as regards the update) or each customer order for which there is a dispute related to a previous order.
6 – Payment
Payment of the order must be made in US dollars as follows:
• online by Visa credit card, Mastercard, Amercian Express, Discover Network
• by bank transfer to the bank account of Heredis following the instructions when choosing the mode of payment. Possible bank charges are the sole responsibility of the customer.
The credit card is not charged until the time of shipment of the order. The full payment of the bank transfer triggers the dispatch of the order.
The transfer cost, foreign exchange and other bank charges are the sole responsibility of the customer according to bank rates in effect at time of order.
HEREDIS is not responsible for any payment problems related to the operation of online payment services.
Any order for which payment is not received by HEREDIS within 7 (seven) days from the date of registration of the order will be canceled and the customer will be notified by email.
7 – Validation
HEREDIS, before finalizing the order, summarizes the information about the essential characteristics of the goods or services included in the order. This email confirms that the order was taken into account but not that the ordered product is available. By validating the payment of the order , the customer accepts the entirety of these General Conditions of Sale without reserve and the obligation to pay the price.
The data recorded by HEREDIS constitutes proof of all transactions between HEREDIS and the customer, notably the date and content of the orders. The data recorded by the payment system constitutes proof of financial transactions.
8 – Delivery
Products are sent to the email address specified when ordering. They are not sent until receipt of full payment.
The order is treated on the date of actual receipt of payment (debit card or bank transfer receipt), the period shall begin from the date of payment receipt and not the date of the order.
In case of delay in delivery, the information on the receipt of goods will be sent to the customer by HEREDIS.
9 – Right of withdrawal for customers
For the supply of software, applications and other digital content not provided on physical media and accessible by immediate download from www.shop.heredis.com, the customer who accepts it, expressly waives their right of withdrawal, accepting Present general conditions of sale (Article L. 221-28-13, Consumer Code).
10 – Responsibility of HEREDIS software and applications
HEREDIS guarantees the conformity of its HEREDIS software and applications with their documentation.HEREDIS expressly reserves the exclusive right to intervene on HEREDIS software and applications to enable them to be used according to their intended purpose and in particular to correct any errors. The customer is therefore strictly forbidden to intervene or involve a third party on HEREDIS software and applications. HEREDIS shall not be liable for the consequences of the use of software and applications not in accordance with this contract and the documentation provided. HEREDIS will also not be responsible for any inadequacy of HEREDIS software and applications to a specific expectation of the customer. HEREDIS will not be responsible for any loss of data that may result from the use of the software and applications by the customer. It is the customer’s responsibility to take all appropriate measures to protect his / her own data and / or software stored on his / her computer and telephone equipment against any harm. All other terms and conditions regarding the use of HEREDIS software are set out in the End User License Terms (EULA) available upon download.
11 – Personal data
In application of the French Data Protection Act (Law 78-17) dated January 6, 1978, and of European regulations concerning personal data protection, our Clients are hereby reminded that any personal information we request from them is necessary to process their orders and, notably, to prepare their invoices.
Such data may be communicated to potential partners of HEREDIS in charge of executing, processing, managing, and paying Clients’ orders.
The processing of the data thus collected meets the legal requirements for personal data protection, as the information system we use is ensuring optimum protection of such data.
Personal data will also be used on the following websites: https://shop.heredis.com/, https://online.heredis.com/en/ and https://www.heredis.com/forums/en/, which all belong to HEREDIS.
In accordance with the national and European regulations in force, Clients have a permanent right of: access, modification, rectification, opposition, portability, or removal of this data and a limitation of their processing.
To exercise this right, please contact HEREDIS directly by writing to the main office at: Atrium du Millénaire – 78 allée John Napier – CS 49458 – 34961 MONTPELLIER CEDEX 2 – France, or by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, each and every message sent to you gives you the option (notably by clicking on a hypertext link) to disallow the future processing of your data for marketing purposes.
12 – Company identification
www.heredis.com is a website of the company HEREDIS – CS 49458-34961 MONTPELLIER CEDEX 2 – FRANCE
04 11 93 08 11 – email@example.com
Number at the Register of Commerce and Companies of Montpellier: B 393 616 008
13 – Intellectual property on HEREDIS software and applications
All HEREDIS software and applications are provided to the customer for personal use in accordance with the End User License Terms (EULA) available upon download. The customer only holds in such HEREDIS software and applications a non-exclusive and non-transferable right to use. The sale of the software and applications does not convey for the benefit of the customer any transfer or any concession of intellectual or industrial property right on the software and applications of which HEREDIS holds the exclusive exploitation rights, as well as their brand, logos, drawings, models, patents, documentation, components, texts, visuals, images, sounds, videos or any other elements relating to said software and applications.
14 – Consumer Mediation
The HEREDIS website specifies the name and contact details of the appointed consumer mediator to facilitate the resolution of disputes between HEREDIS and its customers. The site describes the mediation process used and allows clients to file a mediation request with supporting documentation online. The dispute shall not, in particular, be examined by the mediator if:
- The customer does not justify having attempted, beforehand, to resolve his dispute directly with HEREDIS by a written complaint,
- The application is manifestly unfounded or abusive,
- The dispute has been previously examined or is under consideration by another mediator or a court,
- The Client has lodged his application with the mediator within a period of more than one year from his written complaint to HEREDIS,
- The dispute does not fall within its jurisdiction. Mediation is free of charge for the consumer (unless he voluntarily uses a lawyer, a third party of his choice or an expert).
The mediator may not receive instructions from the parties or be paid according to the outcome. The parties remain free to submit their dispute to a judge within the framework of the applicable legal provisions.
15 – Changes to the general conditions of sale:
Given the possible evolutions of our Site, we reserve the right to adapt, update or modify at any time the present general conditions of sale. The new general conditions of sale will be available on line and will be applicable only to sales made after the modification.
Date of last update on 17/09/2020
The HEREDIS Charter of commitment
HEREDIS is committed to the following 4 main principles:
1. Protect the personal data of our users
Data collection: HEREDIS asks for the minimum information required to register users of Internet services related to its software.
Use: The data collected will have no other purpose than to ensure that we may contact the person if so necessary.
Sharing and Disclosure: HEREDIS undertakes not to sell, rent, nor share the personal data of its users.
Management of Personal Data: HEREDIS is committed to the respect of right of its users to access, modify or delete their registered personal data. They may exercise this right by writing to our customer relations.
HEREDIS declares all collection and processing of personal data of its users with the CNIL (French Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés).
2. Observe an ethic of content
The HEREDIS team is made up of professionals, independent of any ideological, political or religious bodies. It is committed to a citizen ethic, observing the rights of every individual and respecting their beliefs.
3. Obey intellectual property rules
HEREDIS undertakes not to encourage the illicit use of legally protected contents.
4. Establish an effective and continuous dialogue with its users
In order that they may inform us of their expectations, a variety of tools for dialogue with the team are available to users.
HEREDIS – CS 49458 – Atrium du Millénaire – 78 allée John Napier – 34961 Montpellier Cedex 2 – FRANCE
HEREDIS operates the following websites:
www.heredis.com – www.heredis-online.com
• This site is the property of HEREDIS, SCOP ARL with a capital of 70,000 euros, registered with the Registry of Commerce under number 393 616 008 Montpellier, having its registered office at Bâtiment Atrium – 78 allée John Napier – CS 49458 – 34961 -Montpellier Cedex 2 – FRANCE.
• The web-master of the website are Mikaël MARIE, Audrey CAVALIER and Véronique SOURNIA, Co General Manager.
• The service provider for direct and permanent storage of data is Google France: 8 Rue de Londres, 75009 Paris
• The user of the website acknowledges having the skills and equipment necessary to access and use this site.
• The user of the www.heredis.com website declares possession of the necessary competence for access and use of the web-site.
• The user of the www.heredis.com website accepts that the computer configuration used is virus-free and is in perfect working condition.
• The user also acknowledges that this legal notice has been read and agrees to comply with it.
• Information provided by the operator of the website is indicative. The web site operator cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of information available on its website.
• As a result, the user acknowledges that use of this information is under his exclusive responsibility.
• The automatic processing of personal data carried out from the www.heredis.com website has been declared to the CNIL (French Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés), which has issued a receipt under number 705468 dated May 16, 2000.
• The user is duly notified that the information provided by the user via the data fields of this site is necessary for meeting any demand and is intended only for the website operator, who is responsible for the processing of administrative and commercial information.
• The user is informed that access to and rectification of the data concerned may be effected by writing to the operator of the website whose address is: Bâtiment Atrium – 78 allée John Napier – CS 49458 – 34961 Montpellier Cedex 2 – FRANCE.
• The user is informed that during any visit to the site, a cookie may be automatically installed on his web browser.
• A cookie is a block of data that does not allow identification of users, but is used to record information relating to navigation on this site.
• You can set your browser to alert the presence of a cookie and to refuse it, through the option “disable the use of all cookies”.
The user has a right to access, delete and modify any personal data collected through the cookies under the conditions listed above.
• Users of the www.heredis.com website are bound by the provisions of the law relating to computers, files and freedoms, the violation of which is punishable by law.
• With regard to the personal information they access, they must refrain from any collection, divertive use or, in general, any act likely to infringe the privacy or reputation of individuals.
• The overall structure, as well as software, texts, images, animated or not, sounds, know-how.. and all other components of the site are the exclusive property of the operator of the website.
• Any total or partial reproduction of this site by any body whatsoever, without the express permission of the site operator, is prohibited and sanctioned by articles L.335-2 and following, and constitutes an infringement of the Intellectual Property Code.
• The same applies for databases listed, if any, on the “www.heredis.com” website, which are protected by the provisions of the Act of 1 July 1998 implementing the Intellectual Property Code of the European Directive of 11 March 1996 concerning the legal protection of databases.
• The trademarks of the web site operator and its partners, as well as the logos appearing on the site are semi-figurative trademarks, or not, and are registered.
• Any total or partial reproduction of these trademarks or logos taken from the site without the express permission of the owner of the website, is therefore prohibited within the meaning of Article L.713-2 of the Intellectual Property Code.
• Hypertext links set up within the Web site to other sites on the Internet, and in particular, to its partners, have been approved by prior, express written consent.
• Users and visitors to the website may not establish a hyperlink to this website without the express consent of the owner of the website.
• The operator of this website makes every effort to provide users with information and/or available and verified tools, but can not be held liable for any errors, lack of availability of information and/or the presence of a virus on its website.
HEREDIS MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) AS TO THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, UPDATE OR CONTENT OF THESE PAGES. IN NO EVENT MAY HEREDIS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, PROFIT LOSS OR INTERUPTED BUSINESS ACTIVITIES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SERVICE, EVEN IF HEREDIS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR DIRECT DAMAGES IS NOT VALID IN THE LIGHT OF LEGAL RULES AND REGULATIONS IN FORCE IN SOME COUNTRIES AND THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF THAT IS THE CASE, THE LIABILITY OF HEREDIS IS LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE APPLICABLE LAW.
The personal information you are asked to provide on the Heredis site is intended solely for Heredis and as such, will be subject to external communication solely for administrative requirements or to meet legal and regulatory obligations.
This information may allow the right of access and correction, by mail addressed to: HEREDIS – Bâtiment Atrium – 78 allée John Napier – CS 49458 – 34961 – Montpellier Cedex 2 – FRANCE
Product names, if they appear or not with the trademark symbol, are deposited trademarks of HEREDIS.
All other trademarks mentioned on this website are registered by the companies that own them. Mac®, Apple® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc, Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
The Heredis site, its texts, illustrations, logos, icons, images, videos, downloadable files are the property of HEREDIS, its partners or its suppliers.
Any re-utilization of the above mentioned elements, even only partially, any reproduction of the heredis.com site, even only partially, for commercial or private use, is strictly prohibited.
All applications available on the site are the exclusive property of HEREDIS and are protected by French law.
A cookie is a small text file sent to your browser via the consulted website. Through the cookie, information about your visit, such as your preferred language and other parameters, are recorded on the website. This can facilitate your next visit to this site and increase its value for you. Cookies play an important role. Without cookies, using the Web may become much more frustrating.
To learn more about cookies and how they affect you and your browsing experience, visit the website of the CNIL.
You have, in accordance with the national and European regulations in force, a right of: permanent access, modification, rectification, opposition, portability, or removal of this data and a limitation of their processing. This right may be exercised by writing directly to HEREDIS at its head office located at Atrium du Millénaire – 78 allée John Napier – CS 49458 – 34961 MONTPELLIER CEDEX 2 – France or by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You agree to HEREDIS collecting and using the personal data you have just submitted in the previous form so your order can be processed. Read our data protection policy.
We have everything in place so that you can order safely in the Heredis Shop.
By clicking on the Credit Card button in the basket you are directed to the secure server CIC Paiement, of the French bank CIC. You’re on the www.heredis.com site. You are in a hyper-secure https space. The banking data you enter is unreadable by any other computer on the Internet. We have no access to your credit card number. No one can see your bank details, and so nobody can use it without your knowledge. The logo that appears at the bottom of your browser when you enter your credit card number guarantees the encryption.
Place your order in total safety. We are committed to your security!